How are you doing? If not good, GET UP. THINK. WORK. MAKE YOURSELF WIN. ARM YOUR MIND. AND FIGHT IT OUT. THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE MADE OF. STRIKE!
I had recently met up with a media analyst when I stayed in Dubai. From a lot of days a question was itching me, "Why do people go crazy over some things on the Internet when there are actually a lot of amazing and quality stuff?" I was not wrong with the question. He explained to me in simple words:
"If your content is physically attractive, they become viral and slowly die down. If your content is beautiful from the inside, they last forever"
He further said that this quote is false. Not what we think, actually.
1. Is your content unforgettable? Be it a song that gets stuck in your ears. Or a gross image which you want to know more about? Does that content create intense excitement or tension and not anything in between?
2. Engagement: Does your content make the audience fight their opinions? Where there is fight, there is crowd! Surely you would like to win in the Internet.
3. Like Memes! Memes are insanely popular because they are relatable. Is your content something which can be shared among friends and have a good laugh about? People love finding out similarities of them on the Internet!
4. Easy to Read and See! Good applications become successful based almost solely on their UI. Same goes with content. Is your video a feast for the eyes? Or are the words powerful enough to move the audience? Make sure that your layout is simplistically designed and vocabulary is understandable to even an eight grader.
5. The 'Go Viral'! All the viral stuff have hit the public at the right time through insanely large but simple marketing campaigns. Make sure your content reaches the public when they are most likely to see it. It could be a time of the day, or a period in a month, or even right before a festival. Or target filling something. For example, 'A party song which the world sings without any language barrier' This had never happened before.
What we see 'viral' is actually new and amazing content coming up in the Internet. On the contrary, music by popular artists gain a million views but it does not necessarily cause the 'sizzle' among the people because they are all aware of the quality. The beauty is much expected. In fact, it may become viral if the song turns out to be real bad!